|December 11, 2023
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a COBOL SME, Life and Annuity Domain - REMOTE to join our team in Dallas, Texas (US-TX), United States (US).
NTT Data Americas is Hiring!
This is a permanent, fulltime, salaried position with benefits. Not open to C2C or C2H.
This position is fully Remote/Work from Home and may be based anywhere in the continental United States
- Life & Annuity Insurance domain knowledge in a TPA environment is must.
- Represent Development team in client discussions along with Business Analyst.
- Experience in performing application enhancements by referring to Business Specification document.
- Conduct technical research, development and testing of client's business requirements onto NTT Life and Annuity Product.
- Provides support in identifying and researching application improvements to increase customer satisfaction.
- Experience in configuring new product launches in Life and Annuity Domain, enhancing existing products.
- Perform impact analysis and create Technical Specifications.
- Create a flexible technical design that is scalable and reusable.
- Experience in integration items like DTCC, DST, Claims and any agency systems.
- Work closely with Offshore team to guide and get the project work executed.
- Review the coding and unit test results, guide the team for ontime delivery.
- Work with Business Analyst, QA team for defects.
- Creation of Project handover document and provide hypercare.
- Promote teamwork and culture of accountability.
- Co-Ordinate with onshore and offshore resources and guide team members as required
- Identifies opportunities for process and procedure enhancements to drive efficiency and customer service levels.
- Minimum eight years of experience in Life Insurance and Annuity TPA business involving multiple product lines.
- Minimum eight years of experience in programming and debugging using COBOL, JCL, VSAM and CICS technologies
Nice to Have:
- Experience in SDLC lifecycle in waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Experience translating Business Requirements and writing Technical Specifications.
- Working knowledge on relational databases (DB2 / SQL / Oracle) is preferred.
- Eagerness to learn new digital technologies and cloud platform.
- Strive to learn new technologies and suggest better way of doing things in the platform.
- Working knowledge on JAVA, Python, Shell Scripting and Linux is an added advantage.
- Comfortable in Agile framework and process flow.
Where required by law, NTT DATA provides a reasonable range of compensation for specific roles. The starting pay range for this remote role is $86,600 - $200,400. This range reflects the minimum and maximum target compensation for the position across all US locations. Actual compensation will depend on a number of factors, including the candidate's actual work location, relevant experience, technical skills, and other qualifications. This position may also be eligible for incentive compensation based on individual and/or company performance.
This position may also be eligible for incentive compensation based on individual and/or company performance.
This position is eligible for company benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance with an employer contribution, flexible spending or health savings account, lifeand AD&D insurance, short and long term disability coverage, paid time off, employee assistance, participation in a 401k program with company match, and additional voluntary or legally-required benefits.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a recognized leader in IT and business services, including cloud, data and applications, headquartered in Texas. As part of NTT DATA, a $30 billion trusted global innovator with a combined global reach of over 80 countries, we help clients transform through business and technology consulting, industry and digital solutions, applications development and management, managed edge-to-cloud infrastructure services, BPO, systems integration and global data centers. We are committed to our clients' long-term success. Visit or LinkedIn to learn more.
NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants without regarding to race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter so that we may connect you with the appropriate team.