COBOL Server Admin for PADDS
|Published||March 27, 2023|
The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world's relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Specialists are responsible for keeping up with these latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Responsible for all facets of engineering and administering a COBOL Server Express 5.1 or Visual COBOL 8 environments at PD ALTESS. This includes architecting infrastructure, installing and configuring operating system configuration in an UNIX environment. Once deployed, responsible for maintaining the infrastructure to meet availability and performance standards. Must have 1-3 years of experience with COBOL server. Specific activities and associated deliverables include: support of these COBOL environment, Dev, Training, Staging, Prod and COOP environments; possibly assisting in project releases; configuring and installing the COBOL environment, assisting in troubleshooting of reported outages. Responsible for maintaining security standards in the COBOL environment and ensuring the environment meets ALTESS and ARMY security requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
* Working tasks in ServiceNow for installing, configuring, patching or troubleshooting Application and Web servers
* Documenting progress on tickets with in ServiceNow.
* Periodic review of Army Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
* Documenting common knowledge for future team use into Atlassian Confluence tool
* Consistent review of literature and current practices to support business requirements and/or new industry technology
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* CompTIA Security+, Another OS environmental cert within 6 months.
* Knowledge of COBOL server architecture.
* Knowledge of UNIX administration skills.
* At least 1 year of experience in COBOL server management.
* Understanding of application network architectures to troubleshoot firewall and port issues.
* Understanding of SSL.
* Security clearance: United States - DoD Secret
* Must Work in Radford, Virginia
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* Strong communication skills to communicate systems proposals to management and customers and provide systems diagnoses and resolution for current systems
* Strong organization skills to prioritize work, maintain project schedules and manage tasks to ensure completion of projects within the established schedules
* Knowledge of the Cyber Command Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) processes and procedures.
* Bachelor Degree in technical field or related discipline or comparable experience in a previous job.