|Location||New Haven, CT|
|Date Posted||August 28, 2020|
Programmer Analyst design and develop system solutions to business needs, using senior-level tools and techniques. They Analyze, code, design, test, document and support the computer application software systems that are developed and maintained within the our client as well as provide interfaces between the our client and external parties. The Programmer Analyst mentors more junior staff and must foster a collaborative environment.
- Analyze new assignments and design/develops programming requirements and software specifications and serve as technical lead as assigned.
- Prepare business cases which define potential benefits, options for achieving
- these benefits through development of new or changed processes, and associated business risks
- Prepare effort estimation including researching and estimating costs of software development, unit testing. May provide estimates for upgrades of vendor packages upgrades and integration with existing systems.
- Lead design of solutions with business analysts, business systems analysts, programmers, solution architects, and other team members.
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Develop and utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely convey technical design
- Program and test all or selected components of complex applications. Integration with packaged solutions as needed.
- Analyze and resolve test result problems and debugs production issues.
- Assist with coordinating technical teams for work on project initiatives.
- Guide, train and mentor Programmer Analysts and other technical staff. May conduct peer reviews as needed for projects and initiatives.
- Gather, synthesize and update documentation regarding technology processes or systems.
- Produces deliverables related to the project(s) and/or production support as assigned.
- Provide post-implementation support.
- On call and/or after-hours work required
The depth and breadth of knowledge within the position's field or specialty that is required to effectively perform the responsibilities of this position, e.g., insurance, KofC structure and processes. Describe the type and level of skills required to handle the position's responsibilities, e.g., mathematical/analytical, communication, spreadsheet.
- Computer application software system design experience.
- Knowledge of relevant business areas.
- Experience in multi-system environment including both custom developed application and packaged solutions.
- Ability to work as part of a project team, independently and guide other technical staff.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and successfully manage multiple initiatives.
- Sound judgment in decision making.
- BA or BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- 10+ years related work experience in systems analysis or programming or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Significant Cobol programming experience at least 5-10 years experience.
- Experience transitioning Cobol code to newer technology.
- Experience in the insurance industry and/or for a charitable organization are highly preferred.
For more information please contact Priya Jagtap at (703) 574-1407 or [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Since 1995, iTech Solutions Inc., has been providing IT Consulting and Direct Hire Services to the Insurance, Financial, Communications, Manufacturing and Government sectors with local offices in Connecticut, Minnesota, Colorado, Massachusetts, Tennessee, North Carolina, and New Jersey / Pennsylvania area.
Our recruiting strategy is simple, if you want to find qualified IT professionals then use IT professionals to find them. So at iTech Solutions, our personnel are all career IT professionals with a wide range of IT experience. We can honestly say our staff understands the technologies, the complexities of finding and selecting the appropriate personnel and the pressures of running successful IT projects.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for any employment visas, at hiring or in the future, including but not limited to H-1B visas. Corp-to-Corp or subcontract personnel will not be considered for this position.