|Location||New Haven, CT|
|Date Posted||August 28, 2020|
Company: Advantage Resourcing
Contract: Long-term, potential temp to hire
Location: New Haven CT
Experience/Abilities required for position:
• Computer application software system design experience.
• Knowledge of relevant business areas.
• Experience in multi-system environment including both custom developed application and
• Ability to work as part of a project team, independently and guide other technical staff.
• Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to prioritize and successfully manage multiple initiatives.
• Sound judgment in decision making.
• Advanced skill level in multiple technical environments and with relevant tools and
• Technical understanding of the digital platform, cloud applications, web services, server-
side components and APIs
• Data analysis skills including ability to perform advanced SQL queries
• Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Outlook.
Advanced skill in Excel including formulas, pivot tables, vlookup, and macros.
• Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau a plus
• Understanding of REST & SOAP Web Service and how to uses SoapUI, REST API clients
Education: BA or BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
Experience: 5+ years related work experience in systems analysis or programming or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Licensing/Certification: ITIL Foundation certificate preferred.
Programmer Analyst design and develop system solutions to business needs, using senior-level tools and techniques. They Analyze, code, design, test, document and support the computer application software systems that are developed and maintained within our client as well as provide interfaces between external parties. The Programmer Analyst mentors more junior staff and must foster a collaborative environment.
- Analyze new assignments and design/develops programming requirements and software
specifications and serve as technical lead as assigned.
- Prepare business cases which define potential benefits, options for achieving these benefits through development of new or changed processes, and associated business risks.
- Prepare effort estimation including researching and estimating costs of software development, unit
testing. May provide estimates for upgrades of vendor packages upgrades and integration with
- Lead design of solutions with business analysts, business systems analysts, programmers, solution
architects, and other team members.
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and
conformity to standards.
- Develop and utilize standard templates to accurately and concisely convey technical design
- Program and test all or selected components of complex applications. Integration with packaged
solutions as needed.
- Analyze and resolve test result problems and debugs production issues.
- Assist with coordinating technical teams for work on project initiatives.
- Guide, train and mentor Programmer Analysts and other technical staff. May conduct peer reviews
as needed for projects and initiatives.
- Gather, synthesize and update documentation regarding technology processes or systems.
- Produces deliverables related to the project(s) and/or production support as assigned.
- Provide post-implementation support.
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, medical condition, age, marital status, national origin, citizen status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status, denial of medical or family leave, pregnancy or pregnancy disability leave or any other protected group status as defined by federal, state or local law. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application or interviewing process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-verify employer.