|Published||August 5, 2022|
COBOL PROGRAMMER ANALYST
Job Summary: Talent Software Services is in search of a Cobol Programmer Analyst for a contract position in Richmond, VA. Opportunity will be seven months with a strong chance for a long-term extension.
Position Summary: Cobol Programmer with Senior level experience with CICS, VSAM and TSO
- Someone with considerable knowledge of mainframe (COBOL, CICS, VSAM and TSO) programming and analysis technology and tools. Considerable knowledge of information system development life cycle phases, disciplines, methodologies and best practices.
- Strong system analysis, and problem resolutions skills. Ability to independently analyze program specifications; and write design specifications and code for complex programs.
- Ability to conduct system testing; identify potential problems and prevent errors that could cause significant operational disruption and major cost.
- Ability to meet production and project deadlines; and collect, review and analyze data.
- Ability to prepare reports; and work effectively with internal and external parties, independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
If this job is a match for your background, we would be honored to receive your application!
Providing consulting opportunities to TALENTed people since 1987, we offer a host of opportunities including contract, contract to hire and permanent placement. Let's talk!