|Published||September 20, 2023|
Sr Cobol Programmer
Our client is looking to add a Cobol Programmer to their team!
Location: Ridgeland, MS
Job type: Contract to hire
What you will be doing:
The candidate will be responsible for performing analysis of new and existing Mainframe applications systems to understand the impact of proposed modifications, including input/output requirements, information flow, and software requirements. You will also be responsible for designing and executing appropriate documentation, testing, debugging and support processes in accordance with departmental policy.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years Cobol and Mainframe systems experience.
- SyncSort and z/OS Mainframe experience.
- At least 3 years of mainframe programming experience in COBOL, MVS utilities, MVS JCL and CICS Command Level programming.
- Two years of experience using SDLC Methodology and Change Control software.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Business Writing, Project Management, Time Management and Conflict Resolution and Teamwork concepts and practice.
- Healthcare industry experience
- Proficiency in LAN, Intermediate Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Visio highly preferred.
- A working familiarity with Easytrieve and/or other computer languages, including ISPF.