|Date Posted||September 17, 2020|
Experis' Client is currently seeking a COBOL Programmer for a long-term contract assignment.
The role will start out remote but will then require being on-site in Albany, NY once the client determines their on-site work plan.
****COBOL 74 and/or 85 programming on Unisys 2200 series or ClearPath mainframes****
- Over seven (7) years of experience working on complex projects with 2 or more years in a leadership role
- Over seven (7) years of expereince working directly with COBOL 74 and/or 85 programming on Unisys 2200 series or ClearPath mainframes.
- Over five (5) years of experience with system analysis and design, programming and unit and integrated testing on Unisys 2200 series or Clear Path mainframes.
Additional Qualifications (Must have most, if not all of the following):
- Over five (5) years utilizing Unisys ECL and DMS 2200/RDMS.
- Over five (5) years of experience monitoring production work and performing error diagnostic/debugging activities in a mainframe environment.
- Experience creating and maintaining documentation related to designing, programming, performing code walk-throughs and testing in a mainframe environment.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience reviewing, translating and extracting business rules and process logic in COBOL code in a mainframe environment.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience scheduling ftp processes to transfer data from a COBOL mainframe environment.
- Review production systems to understand major technical components and relate them to business areas;
- Use Cobol to analyze routines, procedures, TIP screens, ECL, batch jobs and FTPs which make up discrete parts of the systems;
- Analyze RDMS and DMS database structures, data dictionaries and source code for discrepancies or inaccuracies;
- Document system specifications and solutions to facilitate knowledge transfer;
- Monitor and perform diagnostic/debugging activities on the mainframe;
- Coordinate project activities among other team members, users, and/or requestors;
- Act in advocacy role as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in all relevant phases of the Client Program Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC);
- Work closely with Architects and others on the applications development team to refine solution design;
- Report status of current tasks and outstanding issues to supervisor and project leads;
ManpowerGroup is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)