|Published||June 20, 2022|
|Location||Oklahoma City, OK|
Delaware Nation Industries (DNI)/Creative IT Solutions is currently looking for a COBOL Developer to join our team located at Tinker AFB in OKC. This team oversees support of the CAMS-FM/G081 application including software development, security, and maintenance. This application provides maintenance, logistics, and aircraft status for the entire mobility fleet.
This position is Monday through Friday, 40-hour work week and DNI contributes 100% to employee benefits offering BCBS PPO, vision, dental, matching 401K, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
- Bachelors degree or equivalent years of experience
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
- Designing database tables and views
- Create complex functions, scripts, stored procedures and triggers to support application development.
- Creating database triggers for use in automation
- Maintaining data quality and database security
- Ability to code review SQL queries for integration with other applications
- Perform assistance for application bug fixes.
- Knowledge of best practices for database design and development activities.
- Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Creating Service Broker Queues and Services
- Trouble shooting Service Broker.
- Trouble shooting with Profiler
- Fix issues related to database performance and provide corrective measures.
- Creates and maintains database design for incorporating into the current environment for all databases required for development, testing, and production usage.
- Performs ongoing tuning of the database instances.
- Monitors migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes through the development life cycle.
- Performs database re-organizations as required to assist performance and ensure maximum uptime of the database.
- Puts standards in place to ensure that all application design and code is produced with proper integrity, security and performance.
- Provides technical support to application development teams.
- Enforces and maintains database constraints to ensure integrity of the database.
- Administers all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
- Assists with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
- Troubleshoots with problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools.
- Manage sharing of resources amongst applications.
- Ensure the application of information security/ information assurance policies, principles and practices are followed.
- Perform database backups and participate in disaster recovery exercises and planning.
- Review usage logs and determine the need for changes in storage media and/or access methods based on usage and performance trends.
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (Mandatory)
- Microsoft Visual Studio : create/maintain Database projects (Preferred)
- Microsoft Teams (TFS) : create/maintain of GIT Repository branches (Preferred)
- Quest Toad (Preferred)
- IBM Websphere MQ Series (Preferred)
Programming Language Knowledge:
- Cobol - At least working knowledge is required
- C#, ADO.net
This position description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Creative IT is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.