|Published||June 15, 2022|
COBOL Programmer Opportunity!
Our client is looking for a hardworking Cobol Programmer to their enterprise dev team. You will be responsible for documenting detailed system specifications, participation in unit testing and maintenance of planned and unplanned internally developed applications, evaluation, and performance testing of purchased products.
This is full time, direct hire role that is fully remote.
What Our Client Offers:
- Excellent Job Security
- Growth Opportunities
- Great fulltime benefits
What You Will Be Responsible For:
- The Core Systems Engineer is responsible for performing analysis of new and existing Mainframe applications systems to understand the impact of proposed modifications, including input/output requirements, information flow, and software requirements.
- The incumbent is responsible for designing and executing appropriate documentation, testing, debugging and support processes in accordance with departmental policy.
- Work on bugs and enhancements prioritized by the Claims management team
- Work on projects and attend required business and IT meetings
- Research and document business questions and requirements
Skills and Experience Needed For Success:
- At least five years of mainframe programming experience is required in COBOL, MVS utilities, MVS JCL and CICS Command Level programming.
- At least 5 years of mainframe programming experience is required in DB2 programming for applications.
- JCL, SQL and DB2 experience
- Experience using SDLC Methodology and Change Control software
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Business Writing, Project Management, Time Management and Conflict Resolution and Teamwork concepts and practice
Huge plus if you have:
- Health insurance industry experience
- MQ, Easytrieve, Claims experience