|Published||June 10, 2022|
This position requires a BA/BS in Information Systems or equivalent experience plus a minimum of 4 years of experience as a Senior Software Engineer or Programmer/Analyst using the following technologies:
- Rocket Shuttle
- Clist and/or REXX language
- MVS Utilities
- FileAid, AbendAid
- Scripting and automation tools and techniques
- Micro FocSerena ChangeMan
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Eclipse, MyEclipse, or Topaz Workbench
- Java, J2EE
- WebSphere, Web Services
- At least 4 years of mainframe-based application development experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of COBOL applications running under COBOL batch applications.
- Strongly demonstrated knowledge of DB2, including complex multi-table queries; imbedded SQL in COBOL, and DB2 batch applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge and best practices of testing environments and processes
- Strong testing skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Familiar with structured programming techniques
- Must be able to perform assigned tasks with minimum supervision
- Strong documentation skills
- JAVA experience a plus
Preferred: Knowledge of software development best practices (Kanban, Agile). Experience working in an Agile environment is a plus. Experience in the insurance and/or healthcare industry is highly desirable along with knowledge of enrollment systems.
Abilities: Candidates should have experience working with teams in a heavily matrixed organization and show a propensity for dealing with the user community in a highly professional non-technical manner. Technical expertise with enrollment systems preferred. Flexibility is essential to this position (candidates should be willing to learn new technologies, to implement new processes, and be able to take direction).
This position will require strong application development and analytical skills, as well as the ability to learn new technologies quickly based on prior experiences with similar tools and an understanding of infrastructure. The candidate must be able to able to work independently, assist team members in their development strategies, prepare reports to track progress as required, conduct training, and prepare documentation and training materials as required.
The candidate will initially support our Technical Debt remediation effort, to analyze 170+ jobs that need to be obsoleted from our system, including all the related components - JCL, Procs, Control members, Source code, job documentation, etc. It is expected that the candidate will be able to support other project efforts requiring mainframe and/or java skills as well.
Good organizational and documentation skills will be essential to ensuring developed source code can be interpreted by other members of the development team. Superior written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present technical terminology in a clear and concise manner to clients and colleagues of all levels are critical success factors.
- provided by Dice