|Location||New York, NY|
|Date Posted||November 5, 2020|
The candidate will have the responsibility to maintain and support Emergency Control system and other Legacy mainframe application used primarily by Gas Emergency Response Center. Some of the key responsibilities include:
● Establish necessary development and deployment ecosystem
● Understand and document user requirements
● Develop and maintain as per requirements
● Model and design IMS/DB2 database, where necessary.
● Work with other teams and IT Support groups to establish necessary interfaces and ensure the solutions meet expected standards.
Skills & Requirements:
● Strong IMS/COBOL/DB2 candidate with a minimum of 5 years of experience in Cobol 4 and/or Cobol 6
● Be able to compile, bind and execute Cobol programs with or without IMS/DB2.
● Ability to code and debug IMS hierarchical databases/IMS on-line message processing, IMS BMP processing
(Batch IMS programs).
● Knowledge of IMS transaction processing is a must.
● Candidate should also possess 2 plus years of experience in working under MVS ZOS mainframe Operating
system, Mainframe JCL (Job Control Language) and mainframe production batch processes.
● Ability to read basic MVS/IMS dumps and logs to determine point of failure to provide fail-safe software
● 2 years of experience in DB2, DB2 stored procs.
● Knowledge of MQ inter-system message communications to send and receive messages from and to other
● Familiar with the software development cycle from initiation to implementation phase. Work with peer
consultants/employees in our support group to ensure that production systems are supported as necessary.
Help our Operations/Systems group to test new versions of IMS, DB2, MQ.
● Assist in testing Disaster Recovery, mainframe Fail-over. Support mainframe system during
planned/unplanned mainframe outages. Job requires support as needed both off hours and on weekends.
Donnelly & Moore is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
We celebrate and embrace the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce, and strive to empower each individual.
When you are hired by Donnelly & Moore you enjoy these benefits:
● A 401K Retirement Savings Plan administered by ADP
● Eligibility to Purchase Medical, Dental & Vision insurance through Donnelly & Moore
DONNELLY & MOORE reserves the right to contract only with direct employers/sponsors
of applicants and will not contract with intermediaries of applicants. Donnelly & Moore Corporation may request proof of such direct employment/sponsorship prior to considering any applicant"