|Published||June 4, 2022|
Our client is looking for a COBOL Developer to provide application development and support for client related mainframe applications.
This developer will work as part of a team to develop and enhance mainframe applications using technologies such as COBOL and DB2 databases to implement maintenance & enhancement mainframe functionality.
- The Cobol Mainframe Programmer 5 (CMP5) will work on high profile mainframe application projects.
- Maintain and develop online and batch application programs by reviewing, analyzing, coding, testing and debugging application code.
- Develop specifications, diagrams, flowcharts and documentation.
- Analyze and develop programs using COBOL, DB2, C#.NET, XML, API, SQL Server, 2016/2017, Visual Studio 2017/2019, VSAM, and JCL for the new enhancements.
- Implement application changes, enhancements and new applications and provide post implementation support.
Note: Local candidates or willing to relocate at the candidate's expense. This position is currently remote. However, position status is subject to change. On call hours may be required.
Location: Madison, WI
Contract: 1+ years
- 8 years - Advanced Structured Analysis and Design for an online and batch DB2/CICS/MVS/Cobol/JCL Mainframe environment
- Extensive experience in DB2 databases
- 8 years - Web Environment - W2K web/applications servers, C#, DB2 Connect, SQL Server, ASP.Net Core, Angular 4, TypeScript, WebAPI or REST services
- 8 years - Experience in Technical Writing and Documentation
- 8 years - Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 8 years - Application Development and Support of CICS/DB2/COBOL/JCL Mainframe
- 8 years - Postproduction support on middle to large mainframe applications
- 8 years - Analytical/problem solving skills
- Familiarity with automated testing methodologies, TFS continuous integration and solid coding experience using TDD.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent experience
*** Local candidates preferred, not mandatory
*** Candidates authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are not sponsoring H1B candidates at this time.
*** Companies submitting candidates should only submit direct W2 employees for this position. This includes H1B visa candidates and therefore your company must be the visa sponsor.
Please submit your resume by using the "URL" below
- provided by Dice