|Published||May 25, 2022|
Cerebral Staffing, LLC is seeking a Cobol Mainframe Developer to work for our direct client John Deere in Milan, IL.
As a Software Engineer for the Parts Distribution Center, located in Milan, IL you will participate in an agile scrum team who provides development and technical support for Finance Cobol applications and interfaces that support the Finance legacy product. In addition, you will:
- Work closely with product owners and product managers to understand requirements and priorities
- Perform development and implementation of technical solutions to deliver on User Stories
- Assist in resolution of IT technical issues in the product team
- Collaborates with team members and stakeholders to ensure solutions meet business needs.
- Follows industry-standard agile software design methodology.
Proven Technical Skills And Experiences
- 3 or more years of experience in the design, development, testing and integration of high complex software solutions in Cobol development leveraging change management
- 3 or more years of understanding of mainframe applications development environment, database, data management and infrastructure capabilities and constraints
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum team environment
- Experience working in some or all of these Cobol based systems and databases: Cobol, JCL, ESP, SQL, MQ, IMS, DB2
- Knowledge of John Deere mainframe environment (preferred)
Interpersonal, Leadership and Teaming Competencies
- Proven experience working in a team environment
- Capable of collaborating with multiple business stakeholders to provide information technology solutions
- Skilled in interpersonal communications, negotiation, and conflict resolution
Education (or equivalent work experience)
- Bachelor's degree in IT/Computer Science/Engineering
Cerebral Staffing offers health/vision/dental insurance, Paid Holiday/PTO short-time disability
Powered by JazzHR