|Published||November 20, 2022|
OneMain Financial is a successful and fast-growing financial services company. Due to company growth, OneMain is looking for a COBOL iSeries IT Software Engineer to join our Information Technology team. The ideal candidate would have a deep understanding of interactive screen development. Candidates will be able to provide technical analysis, support, and programming for the department.
This is a Hybrid role you should be within driving distance to Charlotte, Baltimore, Chicago, or Evansville IN to attend team meetings.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field Experience
- 10 years with at least 8 years programming and 5 years analysis.
- Complete SDLC Project Knowledge
Preferred experience includes:
- Perform complex application programming activities on iSeries ILE COBOL, ILE CL, database DB2.
- Knowledge of iSeries API's, Data queues, User queues, multithreading, Journaling and IBM iSeries file systems such as Library based system etc.
- Experience with SQL and MQ Series is a plus.
- Lead the definition of system architecture and detailed solution design that are scalable and extensible
- Collaborate with cross functional team and other engineers/developers on different permutations to find the best solution possible
- Lead a project/program from initiation to delivery and warranty.
- Own the quality of code and do your own testing.
- Participate design and code review process.
- Flexible and willing to accept change in priorities, multitask as necessary
- Mentor and guide junior developers on the team
Who We Are:
OneMain Financial is the country's largest lending-exclusive financial company, a trusted name in lending for over 100 years. Since 2005 alone, we have looked beyond customers credit scores to lend more than $152 billion to 16.2 million people looking for simple, affordable loans.
With branches across 44 states, we're proud partners of the families and communities we serve. They turn to us to help meet important financial needs, including debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills and auto purchases. It's all about doing the right thing - a mission that hasn't changed for more than 100 years.
Because we want our team members to bring us their very best every day, we believe they deserve the right opportunities and benefits. That's why we packed our comprehensive benefits package for full- and some part-timers with:
- Health and wellbeing options for team members and their dependents
- Up to 4% matching 401(k)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Continuing education
- Bonus eligibility
- Paid time off
- Paid volunteer time
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.