|Published||January 7, 2023|
|Location||New York, NY|
Garnet River is a full-service information technology company that customizes solutions for its clients. We solve challenges through staff augmentation, project-based teams and technical solutions. Our staffing division works as a recruiting arm for technical companies in the region and across the country. Clients turn to us to help them find technical talent.
We are currently seeking a COBOL Instructor for a client based out of Albany, NY. This is a hybrid position.
The COBOL instructor position will be responsible for all tasks and activities related to instruction and evaluation of COBOL Developer candidates. This includes lesson plans, assignments, assessments, and projects; clearly communicating expectations and providing feedback to candidates on their progress; and conducting candidate evaluations and candidate recommendations for State portfolio directors.
● Devise technical training programs according to portfolio requirements. Initial training program is to cover COBOL development with an expected duration of 12 weeks.
● Produce training schedules and classroom agenda.
● Determine course content according to objectives.
● Prepare training material (presentations, worksheets etc.).
● Execute training sessions, virtual and/or classroom – classroom training will be located at the Harriman State Campus in Albany, NY OR Swan Street Building.
● Keep and report data on completed sessions, absences, issues etc.
● Observe and evaluate results of COBOL Developer candidates. Expectation is bi-weekly evaluations with a final evaluation at the end of the session.
● Report to and Present evaluation results to the State’s Revenue finance and Public Integrity (RFPI) portfolio director.
● Interact with Agency heads and portfolio directors at the State.
● A minimum of an associate degree in computer science, information technology or related field.
● At least 5-7 years of related experience.
● Proven experience as technical trainer.
● Knowledge of modern training techniques and tools in technical subjects.
● Experience in designing technical course content.
● Outstanding communication skills and comfortable speaking within a classroom setting.
● Excellent organizational and time-management abilities.
● Expertise: Strong COBOL skills and knowledge, including Emulator, TSO, ISPF functions, Z/OS, CICS and DB2 on the mainframe.
At Garnet River, we care about our employees. We strongly believe in work/family balance. Our robust employee benefits package includes: a competitive salary, paid vacation, sick time and holidays, health insurance (including dental and vision), 401(k) and life insurance.
Garnet River LLC is an Equal Employment opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer. Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V)