|Published||January 7, 2023|
|Location||New York, NY|
The COBOL instructor position will be responsible for all tasks and activities related to instruction and evaluation of COBOL Developer candidates. This includes lesson plans, assignments, assessments, and projects; clearly communicating expectations and providing feedback to candidates on their progress; and conducting candidate evaluations and candidate recommendations for State portfolio directors.
Location: Albany, NY. Hybrid - Staff will report to assigned on-site, work location a minimum of 5 days every 2 weeks (50%). Remote work will be permitted at the discretion of the state, but no State systems or data may be accessed, sent, or stored outside of the Continental United States.
- Devise technical training programs according to portfolio requirements. Initial training program is to cover COBOL development with an expected duration of 12 weeks.
- Produce training schedules and classroom agenda.
- Determine course content according to objectives.
- Prepare training material (presentations, worksheets etc.).
- Execute training sessions, virtual and/or classroom – classroom training will be located at the Harriman State Campus in Albany, NY OR Swan Street Building.
- Keep and report data on completed sessions, absences, issues etc.
- Observe and evaluate results of COBOL Developer candidates. Expectation is bi-weekly evaluations with a final evaluation at the end of the session.
- Report to and Present evaluation results to the State’s Revenue finance and Public Integrity (RFPI) portfolio director.
- Interact with Agency heads and portfolio directors at the State.