|Date Posted||March 4, 2021|
Our direct client is looking for a COBOL, IMS DB, IMS DC, DB2, EZtrieve Developer for a Contract in Harrisburg, PA.
- This Technical Specialist 5 will provide advisory support to existing production application technical support staff and perform complex technical analysis, design, assist with advice on deployment and implementation of changes, modifications, and enhancements to the Departments legacy mainframe applications.
- The UC Legacy Advisory Technical Specialist is expertly familiar with the DLI UC Benefits applications as well as the systems software and the languages that support these applications.
- Expert level Technical skills expertise in COBOL, IMS, and other IBM Z/OS mainframe technologies and utilities.
- This Advisory Technical Specialist is a senior level resource with specialized knowledge and experience in mainframe technology.
- The Technical Specialist has an overall knowledge and understanding of application development and architecture that serves as a strong base for technical expertise in a specific product or program.
- Demonstrates expertise in conveying technical and functional concepts for a specific technical specialty.
- Identifies improvements to project standards to achieve high quality services/ products.
- Able to identify best practices and standards for the use of the product.
- Delivers support and design advise for Pennsylvania’s UC Benefit applications that require integration with statewide systems or applications.
- Interacts with executive level business users or technical experts.
- Functions as a niche technical SME.
- Advanced experience in the required technical subject matter.
- Proven experience with a technical specialty across large and complex implementations and systems.
- Lead experience with technical expertise across large, complex implementations for enterprise systems.
- Lead groups of developers
- COBOL - Required
- IMS DB and IMS DC - Required
- DB2 - Required
- VSAM file Processing - Required
- EZtrieve - Required
- IBM z/OS JCL - plus to have
Question 1: This position is remote until restrictions are lifted, once restrictions are lifted will you be able to work 100% onsite (M-F) in Harrisburg?
Location: Harrisburg, PA