|Date Posted||November 12, 2020|
SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
This role will be located at 23 Orchard Rd, Skillman, NJ.
The Cobol Application Developer will be responsible for new code development and existing Cobol code maintenance within SS&C’s flagship Treasury and Capital Markets application, TradeThru. The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to master new concepts quickly and work independently in a dynamic, client focused environment.
- Build new and maintain existing cobol code within TradeThru by use of various products and processes
- Provide technical support as needed to in house teams of support personnel in gaining a further understanding of the application in order that they may document new functionality or diagnose existing
- Participate in design meetings and assist in planning software updates
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ hands on experience with Micro Focus cobol / Server Express and related tools
- Knowledge of Unix / SQL syntax
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates strong time management skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Candidates must be willing to learn and demonstrate high self-motivation
- Experience with treasury and capital markets products / processes is highly desirable
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services.
SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan.
SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.