|Published||June 26, 2022|
Participates in and conducts development activities with offshore resources.
• Prepares test plans for unit testing, regression testing, system and production parallel testing.
• Conducts technical walkthroughs with all stakeholders.
• Supports system testing activities and resolves any technical issues.
• Ability to problem solve, code, test, and deploy application fixes in a fast paced SLA driven environment.
• Codes and tests high priority and critical changes utilizing COBOL, JCL, DB2, and VSAM.
• Handles change requests for implementing changes and owning them until closure.
• Provides emergency bug fixes to production issues and resolving client research requests.
• Provides production support by fixing batch process abnormal ends within strict SLAs.
• Meets with project managers to provide daily or weekly project statuses.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
• 5+ years of software development engineering experience.
• Working knowledge in an IBM Mainframe environment – proficient with COBOL, JCL, VSAM, DB2, and working with IBM Mainframe ZOS toolsets.
• Strong knowledge of the following: Job Scheduling (CA7); IDCAMS, SyncSort; Infogix; File-Aid; Abend-Aid; File Transmission (FTP/NDM); Endevor; Clarity
• Application Production Support – ability to provide 24x7 support for up to a week at a time.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
• Experience in technical design writing and documentation.
• Proficient with usage of MS office – Outlook, Word, Excel. SharePoint
- provided by Dice