|Published||July 23, 2022|
- PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Code/build application solutions from specifications provided by Requirements Analysts and Application/ Integration Architect
- Lead development and execution of unit tests and functional test coverage for assigned coding changes to ensure code quality.
- Lead testing of application software modifications utilizing various programming platforms and productivity tools and review results for accuracy.
- Perform complex coding and testing in multiple systems and/or processes.
- Assist in defining and enforcing processes and procedures to ensure the quality of technical solutions.
- Present solutions and represent development team in code reviews.
- Represent development team in broader technical reviews used to detect defects in requirements, design, code, test cases, or other project artifacts.
- Oversee and enforce documentation of all code changes.
- Collaborate with Application/ Integration Architects in the design and development of proof of concept and prototype application environments.
- Develop and maintain code repositories according to established version management approaches and methods as defined.
- Develop and refresh code construction fundamentals for coding practices, guideline for use of data, control-related concepts, and error-detection practices
- Collaborate with other areas to identify and evaluate risks; participate in mitigation and control activities.
- Provide on-call support in support of systems and applications in production.
- Lead development team in production support activities including incident and problem management, code corrections, upgrades, and patches.
- Hands-on experience designing, building, and supporting high-performing J2EE applications.
- Demonstrated experience developing mainframe applications.
- Hands-on experience developing and debugging Web Services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies and tools.
- Knowledge of software engineering, design, and testing.
- Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Experience with relational and Not Only SQL (NOSQL) databases.
- Understanding of application consumption models.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Cobol Developer Skills:
- Basic, Data Structures, Procedure Division, Numeric
- MQ and stored procedures
- Requirements of Customer Information Control Systems (CICS), CICS transactions, terms, and commands
- Basic Mapping Support (BMS) Data Mapping
- Data Interfaces
- Basic, Mult-table, SQL
- Physical tables Definitions
- Data Change Request (DCR)
- ATR and masking data
- provided by Dice