|Published||June 10, 2022|
Direct End Client: State of New York
Job Title: COBOL Developer
Duration: 24 months
No. of Hours Per Week: 40 Hours Per Week
Start Date: 7/30/22
Location: State Offices Harriman Campus Building 12Albany, NY 12240
Position Type: Contract
Interview Type: In-person/Video Call
Requirement ID: SNY_COBO095_MC
State of New York – NYSDOL Unemployment Insurance
Project Name: NYSDOL Unemployment Insurance
The resource will be used to help keep the existing legacy Unemployment Insurance System running while key Legacy UI Benefits & Employer Support staff move to the NYS Modernized UI System project
- The consultant will be responsible for writing, testing, debugging new and existing COBOL/CICS/JCL code based on program area knowledge, conceptual and technical design specifications
- Design and write COBOL/CICS/JCL code based on previously developed and approved program specifications.
- Develop and Modify DB2 SQL statements.
- Ensure application documentation is complete, organized, accessible, and follows office standards.
- Write and test procedures, parameters and other specifications required to implement COBOL programs.
- Develop or assist with the development of unit, component and program test plans.
- Implement program changes and provides user support as required.
Required Skills/ Experience/ Education:
- 60 months structured programming in ANSI-74 and/or ANSI-85 COBOL in a mainframe environment
- 36 months experience with TSO, ISPF, in an IBM MVS environment as a COBOL developer
- 36 months application development using CICS COBOL, DB2 SQL, and JCL.
- 60 months experience in system analysis, program design, and program and unit testing.
- 60 months experience in production system monitoring, error diagnosis, debugging, and mitigation of issues
V Group Inc. is an IT Services company which supplies IT staffing, project management, and delivery services in software, network, help desk and all IT areas. Our primary focus is the public sector including state and federal contracts. We have multiple awards/ contracts with the following states: AR, CA, DE, FL, GA, IL, KY, MD, ME, MI, NC, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TX, VA, and WA. If you are considering applying for a position with V Group, or in partnering with us on a position, please feel free to contact me for any questions you may have regarding our services and the advantages we can offer you as a consultant.
Please share my contact information with others working in Information Technology.
- provided by Dice