|Date Posted||September 18, 2020|
A Software Development Engineer designs, develops, tests, installs, and maintains systems, applications, networks, and/or telecom and related processes to meet the functional objectives of the business. Assesses system, application, network, and/or telecom needs, provides modeling and simulation consulting to clarify client technology functionality, and evaluates and implement new advanced technologies. Ensures adherence to established technology standards and consults with senior leadership on technology solutions. Supports existing systems and is responsible for leading technical aspects of a project. Responsible for assigning resources and delegating tasks to meet project deliverables.
Required Technical Skills and Experience
• 5+ years experience with the following: COBOL, JCL, DB2, VSAM, CICS, CA-7, ISPF and Abend-Aid in an IBM z/OS mainframe environment.
• Experience in Microsoft Office Suite software, with a heavy emphasis on Excel
• Preferred experience with Endevor (software migration), Infoman (software deployment scheduling), CA-File Master, CA-Sysview, MQ, Intertest, IDz, Remedy (incident management) and JIRA.
• Work with a team of professionals in a dynamic fast-paced environment supporting rules based applications used by our clients to make decisions on how to treat their cardholders.
• Will be responsible for for all facets of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC): reviewing and understanding business requirements, and translating them into technical solutions, design analysis, coding, debugging, deploying and post-deployment support.
• Ability to work independently, but also collaborates well with others.
• Communicates effectively with team members and with management
• Holds quality and efficient architecture and coding in high regard
Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.