|Published||August 6, 2022|
Title: Cobol Developer
Cobol Developer, Cobol Programmer,
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science or equivalent work experience required. Equivalent years of experience are determined as one year of technical experience for every year of college requested.
• 1 year - Experience with information technology concepts, application development methodology, terminology, and standards required
• 3 years - Systems and programming experience required
• 1 year - Expert working knowledge of at least one programming language (COBOL).
• Proven skill with information technology mainframe is required Proven analysis, design, and coding skills, and demonstrated success in leading large and complex projects
• Demonstrated ability to interpret and translate technical and/or or complex concepts into information meaningful to project team members and/or business personnel.
• Be organized, reliable, and able to manage multiple tasks with exceptional work ethic.
• Leadership skills
• Must be able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical co-workers
• General Mainframe Cobol Understanding/Technical Skills Basic Financial Processes Understanding/Knowledge
• Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to design, develop, modify, or integrate complex information systems.
• Devises or modifies application systems and procedures to optimize functional requirements including capacity, operating time, response time, and form of desired results.
• Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents programs, subroutines, and scripts.
• May serve one or more project team roles, such as project lead, business systems analyst, or technical lead, for small to medium efforts or manage phases of medium to large efforts.
• Maintains technical skill set for software languages, databases, platforms, operating systems, utilities and networks needed to support work assignments.
• Responds to system failures and performance events by taking appropriate measures to reduce system downtime and eliminate recurrence of problems.
• Regularly provides guidance and training to less-experienced analysts/programmers.
Mainframe & COBOL – 4+ years, Sybase & DB2 – 3+ years, Experience of writing batch jobs in Cobol is MUST. Knowledge of Facets application is PLUS.
Mon - Fri
VIVA USA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a professional working environment that is free from discrimination and unlawful harassment. The Management, contractors, and staff of VIVA USA shall respect others without regard to race, sex, religion, age, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical, mental or sensory disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or status as a Vietnam-era, recently separated veteran, Active war time or campaign badge veteran, Armed forces service medal veteran, or disabled veteran. Please contact us at for any complaints, comments and suggestions.
Contact Details :
VIVA USA INC.
3601 Algonquin Road, Suite 425
Rolling Meadows, IL 60008
- provided by Dice