|Date Posted||September 4, 2021|
Location: Malvern, PA
Description: Our client is currently seeking a Cobol/DB2 Developer
This job will have the following responsibilities:
- Provides intermediate level system analysis, design, development, implementation, and testing of data-centric applications in a Mainframe environment. Integrates third party data as needed.
- Thoroughly understands and applies agile software development methodologies – Kanban in particular.
- Translates technical specifications, and/or logical and physical design into code for new or enhancement projects (for internal or external clients).
- Develops code that reuses subroutines or objects, is well structured, includes sufficient comments, and is easy to maintain.
- Writes programs, ad hoc queries, and reports.
- Participates in design, code, and test inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues and ensure methodology compliance.
- Writes the system/technical portion of assigned deliverables. Assists technical team members with the system/technical portion of their deliverables, e.g., systems testers, test plans. On small teams, the developer may write these items.
- Performs unit testing and writes appropriate unit test plans to ensure requirements are satisfied. Assists in integration, systems, acceptance, and other related testing as needed.
Qualifications & Requirement
- Strong experience in Mainframe Development
- DB2 for Z/OS
Major plus if they have these skills:
- BMC utilities
- Attunity for DB2 & DynamoDB
- AWS experience – AWS Certified Developer, DynamoDB, S3, Lambda, Kinesis
- 3+ years Mainframe developer experience
- Familiarity with Agile methodology
- Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong client/server development skills
Contact: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]