|Published||September 21, 2023|
Direct Client: State of Connecticut
Job Title: COBOL/DB2 Developer
Duration: 12 Months
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Hartford, Connecticut, 06106 (HYBRID)
Position Type: Contract
Interview Type: Either Webcam Interview or In Person
Ceipal ID: SCT_COBO912_FK
Position ID: CT - DCFS - Programmer/Developer - 60912
SCOPE OF WORK:
The candidate will serve in the capacity of an application COBOL/DB2 developer. Participating in various SDLC processes including requirements verification, design and development, testing, maintenance, and support activities per the direction of agency management. The specific focus of this candidate will be part of the mainframe development team which supports existing LINK and other Legacy applications. Specifically, the candidate will be responsible for maintaining batch and business to business interfaces applications and supporting SOA integration initiatives and participating in the SDLC process which includes meetings with the SI, verification of deliverables such as requirements, design, testing, and environment configuration.
- Perform COBOL / DB2 programming and support for LINK batch applications.
- Provide analysis/requirements to integrate applications.
- Work on all phases of SDLC and create/maintain required technical documentation.
- Assist in the preparation of Quality Assurance planning related to LINK batch processes.
- Assist to develop strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, integration and implementation enterprise services.
- Assist in migration and integration of data and processes from legacy systems to new applications and new technologies.
- Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver business and technical value.
- Must be very organized, pro-active and self-directed. Must be able to perform with minimal supervision.
- Must have very strong abstract thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Must have very good verbal and written communication skills.
- Work with the Application Development Manager to establish goals and code reviews while meeting requirements of projects.
- Work with management to supply input for key design and architecture decisions, as well as work estimation and resource planning.
- Provide guidance and training to team members.
- Experience in developing and maintaining COBOL / DB2 batch applications.
- Command level TSO, ISPF, JCL and other utilities (i.e. IDCAMS, IEBGENER).
- Proficient in writing SQL to develop test data and reports for QA and project related tasks.
- Ability to work with reports using SYNCSORT and performing data analysis.
- Experience in Production Support. Able to resolve abends using IBM Debugger tool.
- Experience with code control/version using Panvalet.
- Responsible for technical analysis and design, code and testing coordination.
- Gather and document system requirements.
- Ensures that projects are completed according to business requirements and are properly documented.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Proficient in database development using SQL Server; particularly the creation of database objects including tables, views, stored procedures and functions.
- Experience with SharePoint
- .NET / C# and OOP
- Familiar with Agile methodologies and manage user stories for development iterations while maintaining a good relationship with the business unit and customers.
V Group Inc. is an IT Services company which supplies IT staffing, project management, and delivery services in software, network, help desk and all IT areas. Our primary focus is the public sector including state and federal contracts. We have multiple awards/ contracts with the following states: AR, CA, DE, FL, GA, IL, KY, MD, ME, MI, NC, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TX, VA, and WA. If you are considering applying for a position with V Group, or in partnering with us on a position, please feel free to contact me for any questions you may have regarding our services and the advantages we can offer you as a consultant.
Please share my contact information with others working in Information Technology.