|Published||June 3, 2022|
Our direct client is looking for a Senior Cobol, CICS, DB2 Programmer for a Contract in Trenton, NJ.
NOTE: Remote Position however, would prefer local candidate willing to work in office 1X / week
- Contractor will be responsible for analysis, design, coding, component & assembly testing of all application code owned by the Application Team. - Contractor will be involved in maintenance (including production support), enhancement & development work. - Remote Position however, would prefer local candidate willing to work in office 1X / week- Looking for ENERGETIC, Strong coder who is a Team Player and who likes to contribute ideas. - Candidate must be good experience with Stored Procedures and DB2.
SUMMARY:- Contractor will be required to collaborate and provide technical expertise to the ITO and ATCSU unit to develop a technical solution to implement business/system requirements. All contractor personnel will be under the direct supervision of a Project Manager for the AOCs Information Technology Office (ITO) or other designated ITO representative.- The Mainframe consultant will develop and/or receive program specification requirements. - These specifications will describe the coding to be done. - Contractor will be required to deliver new or modified programs, successfully unit test their work, develop supportive documentation, and participate with the users in the system testing of their programs. - Experience with database conversions is desired and helpful.
Qualifications and Skills:- Hands-on experience in coding, testing and debugging programs written in COBOL/CICS/DB2.- Experience with IBM OS/JCL (MVS) and IBM/DB2.- Experience in extracting and documenting business rules extract from COBOL/DB2 programs- Experience with Stored Procedures- Experience with CICS- Experience in conversions for IDMS/DC to CICS, IDMS to DB2.- Experience in Usability Testing (participate with the users in the system testing of programs)The ideal candidate can:- The consultant must have the ability to clearly and effectively communicate both written and oral with technical and non-technical personnel. Responsibilities:- Attain a complete understanding of the Criminal/Probation system and additional Judiciary applications in order to develop from the business/system requirements.- Develop and/or receive program specification requirements. - Contractor will be required to deliver new or modified programs.- Successfully unit test their work and system testing of programs with users.- Develop supportive documentation. - 4-year college degree or equivalent technical study
- COBOL Coding, testing & Debugging - Required
- IBM OS/JCL (MVS) - Required - CICS including Coding, testing & debugging - Required
- IBM/DB2 including Coding, testing & debugging - Required
- Experience developing supportive documentation - Required
- Experience in Usability Testing (participate with the users in the system testing of their programs) - Required
- Experience collaborating with internal and external groups verbally and with written communication - Required
- Stored Procedures - Required
- Overall technical and IT experience 5 plus years - Required - 4-year college degree or equivalent technical study - Required- IDMS to DB2 Conversion - Plus to have
- IDMS/DC to CICS Conversion - Plus to have- Stored Procedures - Required
- Experience in a Leadership role - Required
Question 1: One-hour unpaid lunch. Do you accept this requirement?
Question 2: Finger printing, full state and federal background check to be completed by the State of NJ. Do you accept this requirement?
Question 3: This is a Remote Position however, would prefer local candidate willing to work in office 1X / week. Are you fine with this?
Location: Remote Position however, would prefer local candidate willing to work in 1X / week at office in Trenton, NJ