|Date Posted||January 5, 2021|
Our direct client is looking for a Cobol, CICS, DB2 Programmer for a Contract in Trenton, NJ.
- Client is looking for a candidate who has the technical and analytical skills to look into existing mainframe application code and create documentation/business rules.
- Will be responsible for analysis, design & coding
- Primarily will be involved in extracting business logic out of existing Programs and documenting the business rules.
- Responsible for analysis, design, coding, component & assembly testing of all application code owned by the Application Team.
- Will also be involved in some maintenance (including production support), enhancement & development work.
- Primary responsibility will be to look at existing Programs written in Cobol/CICS/DB2, extract the business logic from these programs and document them.
- Will be required to collaborate and provide technical expertise to the Information Technology Office and the Business unit to develop a technical solution to implement business/system requirements for the Criminal Applications.
- All contractor personnel will be under the direct supervision of a Project Manager for the AOC’s Information Technology Office (ITO) or other designated ITO representative.
- Also be required to deliver new or modified programs, code Stored Procedures and successfully unit test their work, develop supportive documentation, and participate with the users in the system testing of their programs.
- Experience with database conversions is desired and helpful.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience in APPC/LU 6.2 or MQ Programming in Cobol-CICS.
- Experience in coding complex DB2 Stored Procedures.
- Clearly and effectively communicate both written and oral with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Attain a complete understanding of the Criminal Case Management system and additional Judiciary applications in order to develop from the business/system requirements.
- Develop and/or receive program specification requirements.
- Contractor will be required to deliver new or modified programs.
- Successfully unit test their work and system testing of programs with users.
- Develop supportive documentation.
- Hands-on experience - COBOL/CICS/DB2 Coding, testing & Debugging - Required
- IBM OS/JCL (MVS) - Required
- CICS - Required
- IBM/DB2 - Required
- Experience extracting business logic from programs and documenting business rules - Required
- Experience in Usability Testing (participate with the users in the system testing of their programs) - Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate with internal and external groups - Required
- Overall technical and IT experience - Required
- IDMS/DC to CICS Conversion - Plus to have
- IDMS to DB2 Conversion - Plus to have
- 4-year college degree or equivalent technical study - Required
Question 1 : One-hour unpaid lunch. Do you accept this requirement?
Question 2 : Finger printing, full state and federal background check to be completed by the State of NJ. Do you accept this requirement?
Question 3: In what City and State does the Candidate live?
Question 4: Interviews will be through Webcam, are you fine with that?
Question 5: Is the candidate able to work remotely now, but able to work on site (when covid rules are lifted)?
Location: Trenton, NJ