|Date Posted||May 10, 2021|
Our direct client is looking for MULTIPLE Cobol, CICS, DB2, IMS Programmers for a Contract in Trenton, NJ.
As a result of the Pandemic, the federal government has been implementing legislative changes to provide unemployment insurance benefits to persons not previously eligible as creating extensions at an unprecedented rate. Unemployment Insurance Benefits legislation, both upcoming and recently passed, requires that multiple changes be made to the LOOPS mainframe. In addition, there are infrastructure changes that will be occurring that will also require development work. To address these changes, we will have five concurrent projects: CARE Act/CAA Implementation (Phase 1), UI Modernization Pocket Solutions, LOOPS Backend Integration with CLAIMS, MQ Series Upgrade and Mainframe as a Service Implementation.
Each developer will be assigned one primary project, with one developer assigned two projects. All will work together and serve as backups to ensure a seamless integration as each are deployed. Under the direction of a DOL DIT Project Manager, these contractors will assist with the:
- Requirements gathering, design, development, testing and deployment of code required to meet the department’s objectives for the legislative and infrastructure mandates.
- Develop specifications, deliver new or updated programs, successfully unit test their work, provide supportive documentation, and participate in the systems testing and deployment of their work.
- Under the direction of the Project Manager, the Consultants will address legislative priorities, which are fluid and evolving.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Development and documentation of business requirements (business needs) for the proposed new or existing system, posing various questions in order to obtain the correct business requirements.
- Create “mock-ups” of assigned modules and/or LMAP's using best practices and industry standards.
- Codes, tests and implements new software and/or enhancements to existing software by breakdown of program specifications into the simplest elements and translation into programming language, including COBOL, CICS, IMS, DB2, JCL and MQ.
- Works with database administrators on the creation of extracts using best practices and industry standards.
- In consultation with Management and database specialists, assists in the creation of database schemas, triggers, procedures and packages.
- Responsible for assisting in the development of test plans and data, the creation and development of test scenarios.
- Performs unit, load and performance testing in addition to working with other developers and QA unit to perform integration testing.
- While reviewing and monitoring the code, the individual is responsible for thoroughly testing the software for accurate results and ensures that code meets coding standards and business specifications.
- As a senior developer, assists in the creation and build of development and test regions; working with the network administrators for the deployment of files.
- Create the build for the testing environment. Ensure all modules are labeled in the version control software repository and deployed changes are available to be tested by the QA unit.
- Take part in scrum and team meetings.
- Coordinate with other members of the development team so that modules and objects integrate.
- Participate in peer code reviews.
- Provide routine reports to DOL Supervisors and Managers
- Development and documentation of business requirements (business needs) for the proposed new or existing system, posing various questions in order to obtain the correct business requirements. - Desired
- In consultation with Management and database specialists, assists in the creation of database schemas, triggers, procedures and packages - Desired
- COBOL/CICS/DB2 Coding, Testing & Debugging - Required
- CICS - Required
- IBM/DB2 - Required
- IBM/IMS - Required
- IBM OS/JCL - Required
- MQ - Required- Experience with unit testing - Required
- Experience with creating supporting system's documentation - Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate with internal and external groups - Desired
- 4-year college degree or equivalent technical study - Required
- Experience with System Testing and End User Acceptance Testing - Required
- Responsible for assisting in the development of test plans and data, the creation and development of test scenarios - Desired
- Assist in the creation and build of development and test regions; working with the network administrators for the deployment of files. - Desired
Question 1: Interviews will be through Webcam, are you fine with that?
Question 2: In what City and State does the Candidate live?
Question 3: Is the candidate able to work remotely now, but able to work on site 100% (when covid rules are lifted by the client)?
Question 4: If the candidate resides more than 1 hour from the client site, will the candidate relocate for the position?
Location: Trenton, NJ
Type: Long Term Contract