|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Our direct client is looking for a Cobol, CICS, DB2 Documentation / Programmer for a Long Term Contract in Trenton, NJ.
- Client is looking for a candidate who has the technical and analytical skills to look into existing mainframe application code and create documentation/business rules.
- Primary responsibility will be to look at existing Programs written in Cobol/CICS/DB2, extract the business logic from these programs and document the business rules.
- Will also be going through the batch processing of our existing systems and extract the program logic, Procs and JCLs and document them.
- Responsible for analysis, design, coding, component & assembly testing of all application code owned by the Application Team.
- Will also be involved in some maintenance (including production support), enhancement & development work.
- Will be required to collaborate and provide technical expertise to the Information Technology Office and the Business unit to develop a technical solution to implement business/system requirements for the Criminal Applications.
- All contractor personnel will be under the direct supervision of a Project Manager for the AOC’s Information Technology Office (ITO) or other designated ITO representative.
- Also be required to deliver new or modified programs, code Stored Procedures and successfully unit test their work, develop supportive documentation, and participate with the users in the system testing of their programs.
- Experience with database conversions is desired and helpful.
- Attain a complete understanding of the Criminal Case Management system and additional Judiciary applications in order to develop from the business/system requirements.
- Develop and/or receive program specification requirements.
- Contractor will be required to deliver new or modified programs.
- Successfully unit test their work and system testing of programs with users.
- Develop supportive documentation.
- Hands-on experience - COBOL/CICS/DB2 Coding, testing & Debugging - Required
- IBM OS/JCL (MVS) - Required
- CICS - Required
- IDMS/DC to CICS Conversion - Plus to have
- IDMS to DB2 Conversion - Plus to have
- IBM/DB2 - Required
- Experience developing supportive documentation - Required
- Experience extracting business logic from programs and documenting business rules - Strong Plus to have
- Experience in Usability Testing (participate with the users in the system testing of their programs) - Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate with internal and external groups - Required
- Overall technical and IT experience - Required
- 4-year college degree or equivalent technical study - Plus to have
- Experience in APPC/LU 6.2 or MQ Programming in Cobol-CICS - Plus to have
- Experience in coding complex DB2 Stored Procedures - Plus to have
- Clearly and effectively communicate both written and oral with technical and non-technical personnel. - Required
Question 1: Finger printing, full state and federal background check to be completed by the State of NJ. Do you accept this requirement?
Question 2: Interviews will be through Webcam, are you fine with that?
Question 3: In what City and State does the Candidate live?
Question 4: Is the candidate able to work remotely now, but able to work on site 100% (when covid rules are lifted by the client)?
Question 5: If the candidate resides more than 1 hour from the client site, will the candidate relocate for the position as this is a very long term position?
Location: Trenton, NJ
Type: Long Term Contract