|Published||August 5, 2022|
|Location||Westlake Village, CA|
Cobol/Airline Direct Connectivity API Developer
Pleasant Holidays is one of the largest travel wholesalers in the United States specializing in vacation travel to the Hawaiian Islands, Caribbean, Central America, Europe, Mexico, Middle East, South Pacific (Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, New Caledonia, New Zealand & Tahiti), Japan, the United States & Canada, and cruise vacations worldwide is seeking a Cobol/Airline Direct Connectivity API Developer.
Pleasant Holidays is a subsidiary of the Automobile Club of Southern California a diversified insurance, roadside assistance, financial services and travel organization serving more than 17 million AAA Members across 21 states.
The Cobol/Airline Direct Connectivity API Developer will perform a wide range of API and COBOL development-related duties including analysis, design, evaluation, transactional development, testing and maintenance of new and existing COBOL software applications using Pleasant Holidays' programming guide and industry best practices. Creates, tests and debugs services, daemons, batch and screen programs while working from technical specifications and business requirements. Participates in feasibility studies, analyzes business requirements and documentation to develop cost-effective solutions for API interfaces with users to achieve desired results. Creates detailed technical design deliverables and executes system test plans. Networks with professional teams, reads documentation, manuals, periodicals and other technical reports to stay informed of new development practices and strategies.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- COBOL (Acucobol)
- API development using tools and technologies including XML, XSD, XSLT, JSON, HTTP/S, REST, SOAP, WSO2, Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, SoapUI, Postman, etc
- Analytical Skills & Project Management Skills
- Linux/Unix Operating Systems (including vi)
- Data Contained in Vision Files (Files Similar to ISAM/VSAM) and RDBMS (such as MySQL)
- Project Management/Development tools such as Jira, Confluence, Teams, Office
- Performs other duties and assignments as required.
This highly motivated person must have:
- BS or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of application development environments, tools and methodologies
- 4-6 years' experience in application development & maintenance
- 5+ years with recent COBOL programming
- Competent at defining and creating API's using tools and technologies including XML, XSD, XSLT, JSON, HTTP/S, REST/SOAP
- Excellent technical, analytical & organizational skills
- Ability to work with a team or independently
- Experience with Linux/Unix Operating Systems
- Prior experience with travel industry preferred such as hotels and transportation (flights and/or rental cars).
Location: Position is located in Westlake Village with the potential to become remote.
Benefits to working at Pleasant Holidays:
• Medical (with prescription)
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Paid Time Off for Holidays, Vacation, and Illness
• Company paid Life Insurance
• Long Term Disability
• 401(k) Plan
• AFLAC Plans
• Travel Discounts on all Pleasant Holidays packages, Hotel Rooms, Car Rentals, Tours & Activities. Discounts apply to family members and friends too!
Pleasant Holidays is one of the largest travel wholesalers in the United States, specializing in vacation travel to the Hawaiian Islands, Caribbean, Central America, Europe, Mexico, Middle East, South Pacific (Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, New Caledonia, New Zealand & Tahiti), Japan, the United States & Canada, and cruise vacations worldwide. Pleasant Holidays is a subsidiary of the Automobile Club of Southern California, a diversified insurance, roadside assistance, financial services and travel organization serving 17 million AAA Members across 21 states.
Pleasant Holidays is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pleasant Holidays will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws