|Date Posted||May 11, 2021|
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Description: Our client is currently seeking a BACK-END DEVELOPER - III
Mainframe Data SME/ Developer would need to have at least 15+ years of IT experience. This Candidate is responsible for defining and maintaining the structure of the solution and ensuring that it will meet the requirements. A mainframe architect must also help the team to work together in an agile fashion, to jointly own the solution, and to interface well with other parts of the organization. The mainframe architect position is also responsible for the creation of high-level designs, detail level designs, maintaining product roadmaps, product technical debt, and mentorship.
- Creation of High and Detail level designs for COBOL, JCL, and DB2
- A background consisting of 80% MF programming, 20 % business analysis and documentation; extremely strong writing and speaking skills are an effective match. Knowledgeable in TSO and ISPF required
- Hands in knowledge on COBOL II, CICS, DB2, SQL, QMF, SPUFI, Syncsort, BMC Utilities, DB2 Utilities, Easytrieve, TSO/ISPF, Fileaid, JCL, MVS/XA, VSAM, IDCAMS, ABENDAID, IMS/DB, MQ Series, Strobe, Expeditor, VM, CMS, Endevor, Assembler, Librarian, Panvalet, Microsoft Office Suite
- Create architectures and designs, conduct peer reviews, and develop target state architectures.
- Applies knowledge of programming techniques to mentor developers and review code when required.
- Create, test, document and troubleshoot new and existing APIs working with architects, application developers, network architects, and infrastructure teams.
- Provides specifications, using flowcharts and diagrams, into a sequence of detailed instructions and logical steps for coding into language that can be processed by computer.
- Provide input for process/documentation improvements.
- Applies knowledge of database design standards and database management.
- Implement PoCs as needed to assist with research and development of the strategic roadmap.
- Work with business partners to drive and capture both functional and non-functional system requirements.
- Support sales and marketing initiatives by providing technical analysis and answers to client RFP’s.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written skills are required.
- Expert knowledge of complex SQL and optimization techniques.
- Expert knowledge in COBOL, JCL, DB2.
- Expert knowledge in DB2/IMS.
- Expert knowledge in File System: VSAM.
- Knowledge of Middleware: MQ.
- Knowledge of Job scheduling:CA-7.
- Knowledge of Build tools: Easytrieve, CA-7, IBM Debug tool for z/OS, Syncsort, SPUFI.
- Knowledge of SCM: Rational Developer of System z (RDz), ChangeMan, Endeavor.
- Knowledge of Teradata and Hadoop
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or IT related field, and/or equivalent work experience
Contact: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com