|Date Posted||February 18, 2021|
Applications Systems Analyst/Programmer- Mainframe
BCForward is currently seeking highly motivated Applications Systems Analyst/Programmer- Mainframe for our client based in Indianapolis, IN.
- Position: Applications Systems Analyst/Programmer- Mainframe
- Location: Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Anticipated start date: ASAP
- Duration: 6 Months
The essential functions of this role are as follows:
- Confers with department management to assist in planning, organizing and controlling activities of assigned area;
- Confers with user community to conduct, through research, fact-finding and analysis to formulate and define system requirements, scope and objectives, establish priorities, and monitor progress of complex information systems;
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results to obtain maximum computer utilization;
- Prepares detailed project feasibility studies, formulates complete system scope, project cost, time estimates and human resource and IT infrastructure requirements for new and existing application software systems;
- Assists, directs, trains and coordinates the work of less experienced application software developers and/or application systems analyst staff and assists with development of difficult and complex programs;
- May function as Team and/or Project lead responsible for completion of project phase;
- Provides complete documentation for new or modified information systems and/or application software programs including operational procedures and manuals;
- Prepares detailed specifications from which application software will be written
- Prepares and conducts system test planning
- Designs, codes and debugs new application software programs and/or makes enhancements to existing application software programs of all levels;
- Tests and debugs new and existing application software
- Executes task conforming to shop techniques, standards, policies and procedures
- May use case tools and/or application development software tools
- Monitors application software systems to ensure proper execution and performance
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
- At least 5 years of recent Mainframe experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of COBOL programming or related procedural programming
- Demonstrated knowledge of database concepts
- Advanced skills working with COBOL, IDMS, JCL and SQL.
- Extensive knowledge of information systems design principles and new systems design techniques
- Extensive knowledge of policies, standards, procedures, and techniques used for application development
- Extensive knowledge of application development software tools and application development software languages
- Extensive knowledge of information technology equipment, operation, and capabilities
- Extensive knowledge of the most recent advancement of information technology equipment, operation, capabilities
- Extensive knowledge of both system and business applications and competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities;
- Ability to perform problem solving and analytical analysis
- Ability to read and understand complicated technical manuals
- Ability to manage multiple application development software projects and priorities
- Effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
BCForward began as an IT business solution and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCForward has grown with our customers' needs into a full-service personnel solution's organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCForward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCForward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over the years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCForward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 124796 when responding to this ad.