|Location||Carson City, NV|
|Date Posted||April 10, 2021|
External client has a thick client application developed using Power Builder, COBOL, DB2, CICS, VB.NET, ASP.NET and MS SQL Server. The application is used by over 1200 internal users and thousands of external users. Need developer to cleanse the data in preparation for a modernization/transformation effort.
Scope of Work:
- Document changes and follow protocols established by client.
- Follow guidelines established by client.
- Must be able to gather business rules from existing code without documentation
- Participate in JAD sessions for data cleansing project.
- Work with different user/user groups to gather and document business rules.
- Document the changes needed.
- Code the changes
- Test the changes
- Promote the changes, build cycle to TEST, UAT and Production.
- Follow up with testing to make sure changes are working well and does not have any other negative impact to performance.
- Log time using Time tracking software (Remedy) on a daily basis
- Provide status reports as required
- Analyze, design, code, review and modify COBOL, DB2, CICS programs as required by the client
- Test and promote changes based on clients; Build cycle.
Weekly status reports to include, but not be limited to:
- Overall completion status of the project in terms of the approved project plan and schedule;
- Problems that were encountered and proposed/actual resolutions;
- Issues that need to be addressed;
- Accomplishments during the period; and
- Activities to be accomplished during the next reporting period.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in computer science, or any other equivalent degree with a minimum of seven (7) years of programming experience. Ideal candidate will have many years' experience in COBOL, DB2, CICS.
- Excellent conceptual and working experience in developing applications with COBOL, embedded SQL accessing DB2 database.
- Must have experience working in Medium to Large scale client server applications.
- Must possess programming skills in SQL tuning, efficient coding.
- Must have developed online and batch reports using COBOL, DB2, CICS.
- Must be familiar with source control software.
- Excellent at creating stored procedures, functions, packages, database triggers and other database objects using SQL
- Excellent is developing and maintaining online and batch systems using COBOL, DB2, CICS.
- Expertise in debugging skills.
- Expertise in designing conceptual, logical and physical designs for various database objects
- Experience in writing complex SQL queries and used sorting, aggregate, sub query, DB2 Explains, inline sql and various other functions
- Excellent in deriving and understanding business rules by reviewing existing programs.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills required to effectively work in the field of applications development and maintenance.
- Excellent at Understanding Integration Technologies and Domains and work flows.
- Must have good communication, documentation and user requirement gathering skills.