|Date Posted||October 20, 2020|
Diverse Tech Staffing is currently seeking an Application Systems Analyst/Programmer / Senior for immediate hire. This is a three-month opportunity. You will work for Diverse Tech Staffing remotely. Pay for this position is $39+ based on experience and includes eligibility for insurance including medical, dental, optical, disability, and life insurance. Hours are 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The following are some of the tasks you will have in a typical workday for this position. This list is not all inclusive.
- Confers with department management to assist in planning, organizing and controlling activities of assigned area;
- Confers with user community to conduct, through research, fact-finding and analysis to formulate and define system requirements, scope and objectives, establish priorities, and monitor progress of complex information systems;
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results to obtain maximum computer utilization;
- Prepares detailed project feasibility studies, formulates complete system scope, project cost, time estimates and human resource and IT infrastructure requirements for new and existing application software systems;
- Assists, directs, trains and coordinates the work of less experienced application software developers and/or application systems analyst staff and assists with development of difficult and complex programs;
- May function as Team and/or Project lead responsible for completion of project phase;
- Provides complete documentation for new or modified information systems and/or application software programs including operational procedures and manuals;
- Prepares detailed specifications from which application software will be written;
- Prepares and conducts system test planning;
- Designs, codes and debugs new application software programs and/or makes enhancements to existing application software programs of all levels;
- Tests and debugs new and existing application software;
- Executes task conforming to shop techniques, standards, policies and procedures;
- May use case tools and/or application development software tools;
- Monitors application software systems to ensure proper execution and performance;
Diverse Tech Staffing provides full-service staffing solutions, including direct hire, contract-to-hire, and contract employees to clients in the IT, engineering, and manufacturing industries. Through our client partnerships, Diverse Tech Staffing helps professionals fulfill their career goals while providing businesses with employees who will assist them in carrying out their plans and managing their processes.
Apply today for immediate confidential consideration or send resume with salary requirements to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Preferred Requirements for Position:
- At least 5 years of recent Mainframe experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of COBOL programming or related procedural programming
- Demonstrated knowledge of database concepts
- Advanced skills working with COBOL, IDMS, JCL and SQL.
- Extensive knowledge of information systems design principles and new systems design techniques;
- Extensive knowledge of policies, standards, procedures, and techniques used for application development;
- Extensive knowledge of application development software tools and application development software languages;
- Extensive knowledge of information technology equipment, operation, and capabilities;
- Extensive knowledge of the most recent advancement of information technology equipment, operation, capabilities;
- Extensive knowledge of both system and business applications and competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities;
- Ability to perform problem solving and analytical analysis;
- Ability to read and understand complicated technical manuals;
- Ability to manage multiple application development software projects and priorities;
- Effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
Diverse Tech Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. Diverse Staffing is committed to providing jobs for veterans transitioning into civilian life. #157476