|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Position Title: App Sys Analysis/ Prog Mgr - Mainframe Analyst
Position Number: 364451
Location: Trenton, NJ 08625
Position Type: Temporary
Required Skill Set:
Case Management, CICS, COBOL, Documentation, MVS, Testing
Role: App Sys Analysis/Prog Mgr - Mainframe Analyst
Start Date: 03/21/2021
End Date: 03/18/2022
Location: Trenton, NJ 08625
Contractor primarily will be involved in extracting business logic out of existing Programs and documenting the business rules. Contractor will be responsible for analysis, design, coding, component & assembly testing of all application code.
The ideal candidate can:
Clearly and effectively communicate both written and oral with technical and non-technical personnel.
Contractor primarily will be involved in extracting business logic out of existing Programs and documenting the business rules. Contractor will be responsible for analysis, design, coding, component & assembly testing of all application code owned by the Application Team. Contractor will also be involved in some maintenance (including production support), enhancement & development work.
4-year college degree or equivalent technical study
• Contractor’s primary responsibility will be to look at existing Programs written in Cobol/CICS/DB2, extract the business logic from these programs and document them.
• Contractor will also be going through the batch processing of our existing systems and extract the program logic, Procs and JCLs and document them.
• Contractor will be required to collaborate and provide technical expertise to the Client and the Business unit to develop a technical solution to implement business/system requirements for different Case Management Systems.
• All contractor personnel will be under the direct supervision of a Project Manager for the Client Client or other designated Client representative.
• Contractor might be required to deliver new or modified programs, code Stored Procedures and successfully unit test their work, develop supportive documentation, and participate with the users in the system testing of their programs.
• Experience with database conversions is desired and helpful.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Current hands-on experience in coding, testing and debugging programs written in COBOL/CICS/DB2.
• Experience with IBM OS/JCL (MVS) and IBM/DB2.
• Experience with CICS, Experience in conversions for IDMS/DC to CICS, IDMS to DB2 desired.
• Experience in Usability Testing (participate with the users in the system testing of programs).
• Experience in APPC/LU 6.2 or MQ Programming in Cobol-CICS.
• Experience in coding complex DB2 Stored Procedures.
• Attain a complete understanding of the Case Management system and additional Judiciary applications in order to develop from the business/system requirements.
• Develop and/or receive program specification requirements.
• Contractor might be required to deliver new or modified programs.
• Successfully unit test their work and system testing of programs with users.
• Develop supportive documentation.
• Hands-on experience - COBOL/CICS/DB2 Coding, testing & Debugging Required 8 Years
• IBM OS/JCL (MVS) Required 8 Years
• CICS Required 8 Years
• IDMS/DC to CICS Conversion Desired 8 Years
• IDMS to DB2 Conversion Desired 8 Years
• IBM/DB2 Required 8 Years
• Experience developing supportive documentation Required 8 Years
• Experience in Usability Testing (participate with the users in the system testing of their programs) Required 8 Years
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate with internal and external groups Required 8 Years
• 4-year college degree or equivalent technical study Required 4 Years
• Overall technical and IT experience Required 8 Years