|Location||Carson City, NV|
|Date Posted||February 17, 2021|
Have a need for a developer to perform the following:
- Document changes and follow protocols established
- Follow guidelines established
- Must be able to gather business rules from existing code without documentation
- Participate in JAD sessions for data cleansing project.
- Work with different user/user groups to gather and document business rules.
- Document the changes needed.
- Code the changes
- Test the changes
- Promote the changes through the build cycle to TEST, UAT and Production.
- Follow up with testing to make sure changes are working well and does not have any other negative impact to performance.
- Log time using Time tracking software (Remedy) on a daily basis
- Provide status reports as required
- Analyze, design, code, review and modify COBOL, DB2, CICS programs as required
Weekly status reports to include, but not be limited to:
- Overall completion status of the project in terms of the approved project plan and schedule;
- Problems that were encountered and proposed/actual resolutions;
- Issues that need to be addressed;
- Accomplishments during the period; and
- Activities to be accomplished during the next reporting period.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in computer science, or any other equivalent degree with a minimum of seven (7) years of programming experience.
- Ideal candidate will have many years' experience in COBOL, DB2, CICS.
- Excellent conceptual and working experience in developing applications with COBOL, embedded SQL accessing DB2 database.
- Must have experience working in Medium to Large scale client server applications.
- Must possess programming skills in SQL tuning, efficient coding.
- Must have developed online and batch reports using COBOL, DB2, CICS.
- Must be familiar with source control software.
- Excellent at creating stored procedures, functions, packages, database triggers and other database objects using SQL
- Excellent is developing and maintaining online and batch systems using COBOL, DB2, CICS.
- Expertise in debugging skills.
- Expertise in designing conceptual, logical and physical designs for various database objects
- Experience in writing complex SQL queries and used sorting, aggregate, sub query, DB2 Explains, inline sql and various other functions
- Excellent in deriving and understanding business rules by reviewing existing programs.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills required to effectively work in the field of applications development and maintenance.
- Excellent at Understanding Integration Technologies and Domains and work flows.
- Must have good communication, documentation and user requirement gathering skills.