|Date Posted||January 5, 2021|
Position Title: App Sys Analysis/ Prog Mgr - Mainframe Analyst
Position Number: 354286
Location: Trenton, NJ 08625
Position Type: Temporary
Required Skill Set:
CICS, COBOL, JCL, MVS, Testing
**Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.**
Role: App Sys Analysis/Prog Mgr - Mainframe Analyst
Start Date: 01/04/2021
End Date: 07/02/2021
Location: Trenton, NJ 08625
Interview type: In Person Only
The CLIENT is looking for a candidate who has the technical and analytical skills to look into existing mainframe application code and create documentation/business rules. Contractor will be responsible for analysis, design, coding, component & assemb.
Contractor primarily will be involved in extracting business logic out of existing Programs and documenting the business rules. Contractor will be responsible for analysis, design, coding, component & assembly testing of all application code owned by the Application Team. Contractor will also be involved in some maintenance (including production support), enhancement & development work.
• Contractor's primary responsibility will be to look at existing Programs written in Cobol/CICS/DB2, extract the business logic from these programs and document them.
• Contractor will be required to collaborate and provide technical expertise to the Information Technology Office and the Business unit to develop a technical solution to implement business/system requirements for the Criminal Applications.
• All contractor personnel will be under the direct supervision of a Project Manager for the CLIENT or other designated CLIENT representative.
• Contractor will also be required to deliver new or modified programs, code Stored Procedures and successfully unit test their work, develop supportive documentation, and participate with the users in the system testing of their programs.
• Experience with database conversions is desired and helpful.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Current hands-on experience in coding, testing and debugging programs written in COBOL/CICS/DB2.
• Experience with IBM OS/JCL (MVS) and IBM/DB2.
• Experience with CICS Experience in conversions for IDMS/DC to CICS, IDMS to DB2 desired.
• Experience in Usability Testing (participate with the users in the system testing of programs)
• Experience in APPC/LU 6.2 or MQ Programming in Cobol-CICS.
• Experience in coding complex DB2 Stored Procedures
The ideal candidate can:
• Clearly and effectively communicate both written and oral with technical and non-technical personnel.
• Attain a complete understanding of the Criminal Case Management system and additional CLIENT applications in order to develop from the business/system requirements.
• Develop and/or receive program specification requirements.
• Contractor will be required to deliver new or modified programs.
• Successfully unit test their work and system testing of programs with users.
• Develop supportive documentation.
Required / Desired Skills
• Hands-on experience - COBOL/CICS/DB2 Coding, testing & Debugging Required 8 Years
• IBM OS/JCL (MVS) Required 8 Years
• CICS Required 8 Years
• IBM/DB2 Required 8 Years
• Experience extracting business logic from programs and documenting business rules Required 8 Years
• Experience in Usability Testing (participate with the users in the system testing of their programs) Required 8 Years
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate with internal and external groups Required 8 Years
• Overall technical and IT experience Required 8 Years
• IDMS/DC to CICS Conversion Desired 8 Years
• IDMS to DB2 Conversion Desired 8 Years
• 4-year college degree or equivalent technical study Required 4 Years