|Date Posted||February 12, 2021|
Esolvit Inc . is a National award-winning company matches Information Technology (IT) professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project, Contract, full-time or Contract to Hire basis for our State, Public, Federal, and Private clients for their IT Staff Augmentation needs which includes, Senior Mainframe Technical Resource preferably with RRC Oil and Gas systems experience . Esolvit provides endless access to exciting career opportunities in Information Technology Services.
Our experienced in Information Technology staffing professionals’ services can promote you to clients and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation, and benefits.
About the Sr. Mainframe Developer/Analyst Role:
The Sr. Mainframe Developer/Analyst role will be in the Austin, Texas area and will be a full-time or Contract position. This is with a State client, The Texas Railroad Commission ITS division requires the services of two senior mainframe technical resource preferably with RRC Oil and Gas systems experience. The Worker will apply their expert knowledge of mainframe code analysis and development application systems to support the needs of the Mainframe Transformation Team . where you will have the opportunity to work with Esolvit Inc. either as an Employee or Contractor if you apply for this job.
The ideal candidate would have experience in the following areas:
- The Worker will apply their expert knowledge of mainframe code analysis and development application systems to support the needs of the Mainframe Transformation Team.
- Design, develop, and write code as needed to modify mainframe systems or extract data for review prior to moving it into the new application infrastructure or Informatica staging database .
- Research and review complex and disparate sources to document currently functioning code to enable movement of business applications off the mainframe.
- Meeting with the business, vendor staff, and the information technology team to understand the existing applications, and the required changes needed as each application is wholly or partially moved during multiple releases off the mainframe.
- Participate in requirements gathering or review sessions
- Create technical design documents and specifications
- Develop programs in COBOL , or update JCL as needed
- Perform unit and system testing
- Support the users in acceptance testing
- Work with the IT team to move the system into production
- Create necessary system documentation